Thu, Jul 20|
CBC Family Memory Campout!
Take all the fun of treasure hunting, waterfall swimming, crossbow shooting, and family camping, and unite it to build up Biblical Families to understand, memorize, and apply 1 Peter chapter 1 together.
Time & Location
Jul 20, 2023, 11:00 AM – Jul 24, 2023, 3:00 PM
About the event
Cornerstone Family Memory Campout!
July 20-24 at Memory Land
Cost: Recommended $250
During the 5 day campout, you and your family will study and memorize the first chapter of 1 Peter, will practice applying what you learned as you disciple your family during the day, and will learn from our wonderful Cornerstone Church community how to grow your family discipleship even more. We want to build up biblical families during this camp by taking all the fun of treasure hunting, waterfall swimming, crossbow shooting, and family camping, and uniting it in the purpose of understanding, memorizing, and applying 1 Peter chapter 1 together with your family.
What to expect:
- Family: You can go on adventures as a family, compete as a family, memorize 1 Peter 1 as a family, practice discipleship in your family, and share fellowship with other biblical families from our church!
- Fun: There will be canoeing, hiking, Memory Princesses, crossbows, Bible exposition, treasure hunts, building, swimming/splashing in the waterfall, bunnies, and so much more and yet plenty of freedom in the schedule for those who just want to just chill and relax - all done to glorify our great God!
- Scripture: We learn from 1 Peter how to put our hope in Christ's Salvation and persue holiness even in trials, and will also memorize chapter 1, so that God can continue to bring this scripture to your mind as you are worshiping, evangelizing, and persuing holiness.
There's a large field where families can set up tents or bring camping trailers. In addition, there are **indoor beds** for expecting mothers or other 'non-camper’ types.
There is a recommended donation of around $250 per family in order to cover the cost of camp, however, God has called us give generously, so if that cost would be a burden to your family we still will love to have you at camp anyway! Contact me (Andrew) at email@example.com if you have more questions.
Food and Fun Family Contribution:
There is no paid staff running this camp. Rather, it is fully run by slaves of Yahweh that He has called to this ministry. He has provided all the resources to make things happen functionally and one fun way to make this possible is by each family sharing their fun and food. Each family plans on bringing one meal to share for the camp, and if your family has any fun special skills they would like to share and lead a workshop/game/session please feel free! (Last year there was a mother who used to be a professional fashion designer so she ran a workshop, a dad led a soccer game, a family led a science time, a tree fort competition, a wildlife expedition - you name it - this keeps camp unique interesting and personal.) We will provide logistics details as we get a final headcount.
We’ve noticed in the past that when we do anything that is just intense Bible, there’s a lot of spiritual warfare going on, so I thought I'd share some things that we as By the Book team have been praying for you guys - and my hope is that you can pray for these things together as a family so you and your family are prepped and ready glorify our great God!
- God's Word: Pray that God's Word would would be the central focus of camp, and that we would all hear, understand, and be doers of God's Word.
- Families: Pray that Dad's would be inspired to continually lead and disciple their families in the Bible, that Mom's can biblically support their husbands in that holy calling, and that children would learn both to honor father and mother, and to serve the Lord with all their heart. And pray that we as a church and in our families can overcome temptations to distract and defame the Bible and its roles for Fathers and Mothers.
- Memory: Pray that we would succeed both in memorizing 1 Peter chapter 1, and that God would use that word regularly and effectively throughout the rest of our lives for his holy work.